Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Being Prepared

Untitled
Teaching the square knot.
Joaquin has an MRI today, so he stayed home from Boy Scouts last night. He wanted Jimmy to teach him the square knot and to help him learn the requirements for Boy Scout rank.

I have never had my kids memorize things, except our address and Jimmys phone number. Then there are the things that they have learned and just held on to in their head. For Joaquin, I am not sure how long it will take, only because he is so shy. I am hoping when he goes and shows  he knows these things, that the person in charge doesn't take his shyness (Autism) as anything disrespectful. I know there are people who "just don't get it", or "understand it" and then there are those who think "it's a bunch of crap." I am trying to be positive as I haven't been to a meeting. I will be there next Monday though. 



Untitled
Joaquins 1st Squareknot



Look at the smile on his face that he has accomplished something he wanted.  I will add, he wanted to be a Boy scout, it's nothing anyone else has suggested. I can only imagine how far he will go....he's already come so far.

Scouting with Autism Resources









No comments:

Post a Comment